There's nothing wrong with being a little traditional when it comes to staying in shape. Here's an old-school, fuss-free diet plan for you. The Lifesum Standard diet has a macronutrient intake according to the government recommendations. A plan that advocates a great and varied intake of fruits, vegetables, whole-grain options, and healthy fat sources (such as fatty fish, nuts, and seeds). Follow the rating in the app to keep a balance between what to eat more of and what to eat less of. Once you get into it you will be able to use it as a sustainable diet for the rest of your life! Don't eat below calorie goal, Don't forget to track what you drink.” Consider all of this as a general guideline, not something written in stone. The plan can be adjusted to your individual needs and preferences.
- Grains (i.e. oats, buckwheat, barley, quinoa, kernel)
- Legumes (i.e. lentils, black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas)
- Vegetables (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, kale, tomatoes, cabbage, pease, avocado, brussels)
- Root vegetables (i.e. potato, sweet potato, beetroot, parsnip)
- Berries (i.e. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cloudberries)
- Fruits (i.e. pear, apple, banana, mango, orange, plum)
- Oils (i.e. rapeseed oil, virgin olive oil, sesame oil)
- Seeds (i.e. chia, psyllium, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp)
- Dairy (i.e. plain quark, cottage cheese, plain yoghurt)
- Fish (i.e. salmon, cod, herring, rainbow trout, haddock, mackerel, hoki, tuna)
- Read the food labels to avoid foods with hidden sugars and unhealthy fats!
- Vary your food intake to make sure you get enough nutrients!
- Eat local foods that are in season! They will both taste better, and you’ll probably get them for a better price!
- Avoid drinking your calories. Instead of drinking a fruit juice - eat the fruits instead, otherwise you are missing out on lots of fiber!
- Prepare your food from scratch! By doing this you know the exact ingredients of your meal and you can avoid sugar, artificial additives and unhealthy fats.
- Check out the app for delicious recipes for Lifesum Standard!
Sources of recommendations:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Eight Edition