On the medium plan you aim to eat 50 grams of carbs per day. As long as you are below 50 grams of carbs per day you shall have an easy path into ketosis. Throw out everything that’s carb-heavy and full of sugar e.g. sweets & pastries, fruit, root vegetables, rice & pasta.
If you follow the ratings in the app you will see that all food items that contain < 6 grams of carbs/100 grams item get a high score. The more carbs, the lower score. At the same time you’ll focus on getting enough dietary fiber, micronutrients and minerals to keep up the good health. It is therefore important to eat vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms and radishes, for example. The fat quality is also important so build up your meals with fatty fish, oils, nuts and avocado.
Most importantly, make sure to keep track of the carbs you eat, the diet will work fine as long as you are in ketosis and don’t eat too many calories. Find your favourite foods rich in high-quality fat. In the app you’ll find heaps of recipes that will help you out. Don’t cut down on the fat. Don’t give in to your sugar cravings, they will pass in a few days. Prepare for some side effects, you will get more information about them inside the app along the journey.
To follow a ketogenic medium lifestyle with only 20-50 of carbs per day can be difficult in the long run, if this is something you experience we recommend you try the ketogenic easy in our app.
- Fatty fish (i.e. salmon, trout, tuna, mackerel)
- Vegetables (i.e. kale, spinach, broccoli, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower, radishes, zucchini, lettuce, asparagus, aubergine, celery)
- Eggs (i.e. boiled, scrambled)
- Oils (i.e. olive, rapeseed, sesame)
- Berries (i.e. blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Poultry (i.e. chicken, turkey)
- Full fat dairy products (i.e. full fat yoghurt, cream, crème fraiche, full fat cottage cheese)
- Meat (i.e. pork, bison, beef)
- Coconut milk
- Nuts & seeds (depending on the content of carbs - read the label!)
- Read the food labels to avoid foods with sugar, unhealthy fats and artificial additives.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top of your salad or vegetables to enrich your meal with some healthy fat!
- Prepare your food from scratch! By doing this you know the exact ingredients of your meal and you can avoid sugar, artificial additives and unhealthy fats.
- Check out the Keto recipes in the app for meal suggestions and inspiration!